href="http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com" target="blank">

April 21, 2009

Kesten is officially 6 weeks old today! He loves the Night Life!! I usually am waking up almost every hour it seems. Then by day he is sleeping 2- 4 hours in one nap! If he could do this flipped that would be great. I am still struggling with breast feeding now that Kesten is used to all the bottles he won't feed off me at all. I am down to using my breast pump 2-3 times a day and then feed him the milk through a bottle. Which I know is not going to make my milk progress. At least for now he is gettting a little bit here and there. When I run out of milk that will be the end of breast milk for him its kind of dissapointing.

I wish in the beginning the first week of his life I would of tried harder to get him to latch on. I wish the lactation consultant would not of given me that stupid nipple shield. The nurse never even let me try to get him to latch on. She just said here use this. So, by the time I got home well stayed with my mom while she was visiting he was too use to the nipple shield! We couldn't get him to latch on.:(
Later, I read that babies aren't even that hungry in the first few days to give you time to practice and him time to learn how to! When I read this I was so mad. I thought my baby was straving. So, I would have the nurse feed him bottles in the nursery. It would be so convient and cost effective for me to breast feed.

Me and Shawn's family are going to be traveling to the sand dunes in May. It would be very convinent to take him up there breast feeding him the whole time. No bottles, no baby water to mix with formula. Oh well, formula is the next best thing for him. I will just do all this at the sand dunes not looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Renae...I KNOW what you mean about breastfeeding. Everyone will tell you its a natural thing, but it does not COME naturaly. I know how you feel though. Chloe had to stay in the NICU for a week and they had to give her bottles because she needed the fluid. My milk didnt come in for almost a week and it was so frustrating. Chloe always uses the nipple sheild. My milk supply has been fine. I pump when I need to and it works for me. Just do what works for you, but I decided I didnt care if she was using the nipple sheild as long as she was getting my milk. I give her formula sometimes, but she doesnt seem to like it very much. If you ever taste the two you will understand why babies go for moms milk more than formula. Moms milk has a sweeter taste to it, while formula is kinda bland. :) Good luck! Don't get too frustrated, because I did, and it only made things worse. Babies can tell when you are stressed out and they will stress out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little guy is soooo cute!im glad you blog cause then i can stay updated with your family!
    -amber jenkins

    ReplyDelete